Thanksgiving this year is going to be BIG. My girlfriend (BEM) and I are playing host to both of our families and a smattering of friends as well. To say I’m excited is an understatement. I usually just contribute drinks but this year I decided to spice it up and try my hand in the kitchen. If there is one thing that I KNOW my family looks forward to every Thanksgiving it is cranberry sauce. So I did some Googling and decided to add some Infusiasm to homemade Cranberry Sauce. I give you Drunken Cranberry Sauce.
Drunken Cranberry Sauce
12 oz. Fresh cranberries
1 cup of sugar
½ cup of water
1/3 cup of cran-apple-infused vodka
3 tbsp. orange flavored liquor (or Triple Sec)
– combine cleaned cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until boils
– lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes (until reduced to about 3 cups)
– remove from heat and transfer to a bowl, letting it cool for about 30 minutes.
– stir in cran-apple-infused vodka and liquor then place into fridge
– let mixture settle/thicken for at least 2 hours before serving
The closest I have ever been to a chef though is Chef Boyardee, and even then there have been some disasters. If you don’t believe me, ask BEM. But wait ‘til next week. I don’t want to tip her off to my potential presence in HER kitchen this Thanksgiving. I will update the comments with how it all turns out. Feel free to do the same if you try it or just want to join the conversation.